PD Dr. Anja Steinlen
PD Dr. Anja Steinlen
Office hours during the summer semester 2021:
- by individual appointment (email) in Erlangen (Glückstraße 5) and Nuremberg (Regensburger Straße 160)
Room (Erlangen): 2.007; room (Nuremberg): 0.0151
- I can only supervise the Zulassungsarbeiten or master theses of students who have completed at least one of my courses successfully.
- Zulassungsarbeiten or master theses written in the field of “Didaktik der romanischen Sprachen” are supervised in cooperation with Patricia Uhl.
- 2021: “Cumulative habilitation” (post-doctoral qualification), Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany (venia legendi: “Language Teaching and Learning Research”, with a focus on English as a foreign language).
- Since 2020: Senior Lecturer (Lehrkraft für besondere Aufgaben), Department of Foreign Language Education, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany).
- 2019: Interim Professor (Vertretungsprofessorin) of Multilingualism (Mehrsprachigkeitsdidaktik), University of Mannheim (Germany).
- 2011-2020: Assistant Professor (Akademische Rätin), Department of Foreign Language Education, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany).
- 2008-2010: Lecturer (wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin), Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel (Germany) in the EU-funded Comenius project “Early Language and Intercultural Acquisition Studies” on early foreign language acquisition in bilingual preschools in four European countries.
- 2003-2006: Adjunct (Assistant) Professor, University of Southern Denmark, Sønderborg, Institute for Technical Language, Communication and Information Science.
- 2000-2003: Lecturer (wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin), English Department, Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel (Germany).
- 2002: PhD (University of Aarhus, Denmark).
- 1996-2000: PhD student (University of Aarhus, Denmark, English Department, doctoral scholarship, awarded by the Danish Research Council).
- 1989-1996: MA student in English, History and General Linguistics at the universities in Kiel (Germany) and Edinburgh (Scotland).
- L1, L2, L3, Lx acquisition in school and kindergarten settings
- Reading, writing (esp. spelling), grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation
- Teaching of foreign languages
- Heterogeneity in school
- Since 2020: Adolescent pupils’ linguistic development in bilingual secondary school programmes.
- 2019-2022: Follow-up study of the project “Learning in Two Languages – Bilingual Primary School English” in secondary schools, funded by the Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Culture.
- Since 2016: Immersion programmes in German schools abroad (esp. in South America).
- Since 2015: Monolingual and multilingual children with learning difficulties in regular and bilingual programmes.
- Since 2011: Monolingual and multilingual pupils’ linguistic development in regular and bilingual primary school programmes.
- 2011-2020: Minority and majority language children’s reading and writing skills in regular and bilingual primary school programmes (post-doc project: “Habilitation”).
- 2008-2010: EU-funded Comenius project (ELIAS) in bilingual preschools (researcher).
- Since 2005: Bilingual programmes in preschools and day-care centres (post-doc project).
- 1996-2002: Acoustic studies on the influence of consonants on native and foreign language vowels (PhD project).
- 1995-1996: DFG project on infants’ perception of vowels (student assistant).
- 1992-1994: DFG project on toddlers’ production of L1 German sounds (student assistant).